View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Okay, first- Ahhhhhhhh! Where is the emoji face for grieving distress?

Secondly, I truly feel that this kind of situation- in regard to the breed of the dog, which is a terrible combination if I have ever seen one- is perpetuated by the disregard and disdain for breeders and consequently breeds. Everyone (at least here in Portland) wants a rescue, wants a mutt and I see people who are not only disrespectful to the joy of having a specific breed of dog (yes purebred) and disrespectful to breeders but who would honestly be embarassed if they didn't "adopt don't shop" and find themselves accepting any crazy rehabilitation cross or back yard breeder produced puppy (yes they bought it at the humane society, does that stop the unregulated breeder? No) with the delusion that we are all suited for the rigors of raising a puppy of questionable background with unpredictable traits AT BEST and worse and more likely rehabbing the broken or walking into another messed up situation with puppies who aren't vaccinated, dewormed etc.

My little sister has a border collie lab mix- ahem, so they say but I tell you what I see a lot more in there than that, if that- and God bless her for the trials, the obedience classes the struggles she has gone through to 'make it work' but It has been huge to share our perspectives and watch her gain understanding about he benefits of breed traits and GOOD breeders.

It is a huge concern to see the mentality this kind of thought process is bringing- that everything and every mix of everything is okay for everybody and that you really should just close your eyes and sign because 'everyone should do rescue' or 'guess that puppy' and God forbid you want a developed breed, you know maybe who retrieves or hunts or has a predictable temperament, or would contact a -gasp- breeder.

Bless you Gail. Know when to walk away if you need to. Your in my thoughts.

*okay, realized I was so ranty my point may have been all Over the place. Why a single mama of two young children would say- hey, this is okay. Instead of researching a breed appropriate to her situation. Sorry guys, geesh. I should go to bed, lol.

Last edited by Lilah Charm; 09-05-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Lilah Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!