View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 07:49 AM   #1
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Default University Referral for Behavior

Well, apparently Teddy's separation anxiety is not treatable by vets, trainers or behaviorists. The theory is that his mom was very overprotective due to his size i.e. being smallest of the litter so that he never gained any independence. So, when I took him home at 12 weeks, he immediately became co-dependent as he was with his mom and this behavior is now ingrained despite me begging for assistance from the age of 8 months. He's three years old next month.

As a result, we have been referred to the local university to speak to a dog behaviorist who is also a lecturer, author and has been on TV regarding dog behavior.

I hope this works and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has experienced anything similar. We have started to wean him from Prozac as it wasn't working and the vet who prescribed it went back to Canada and didn't bother to tell me! I was advised by reception when I rang with a question regarding meds.

I keep persevering but it's so emotionally draining! I hope there is light at the end of this tunnel!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!