View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I made a bunch of my group sick with dadgum flea collars....I have never used them since! Some of my group became lethargic, and a couple of them started twitching!! I went crazy, grabbing dogs, removing flea collars, and giving baths with lots of Dawn dish soap around their necks where those collars touched.....have never used a flea collar since then! Then I told my brother about it, and he reminded me YEARS ago, back in late 60's, we put flea collars on our Chihuahua and his Beagle....both dogs became very ill with neurological issues....I had forgotten that event.....such a traumatic issue/event, I can not imagine how I ever forgot that.....

Shampoo her neck area immediately, even tho it has been a while since you put the collar on/took it off....remove any residual flea med from her neck....Dawn kills fleas on contact....use Frontline spray to control fleas....I use it sparingly on their necks and heads/ears to help control the flea invasion we are having here since the flooding we had earlier in the year.....I have NEVER had this horrible time with fleas.....I spray my yard, my dogs, we use spot treatments, monthly pills, etc.....They say we are in for a horrific winter...goood thing, maybe we can get a grip on the insects we have been plagued with this year.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!