View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 PM   #13
Bamboo15
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
This is true, your little one will eat when he get gets hungry enough. I would feed the bigger pup first, when he's finished remove him from the room where they eat or leash him up so he cannot get to the other food, offer the little guy his food, like Ann (Wylie's Mom) suggested sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on the food, most ALL dogs love this cheese, I would leave the bow down for 10 minutes, if the little guy does not eat the food pick it up and try 30 minutes later. If you feed twice a day I would start this method in the morning and continue picking up his food until he finally eats. It is US that cave in, we think they will starve them selves but they won't. This is years of habit and it will take a while to break this habit. One pound to loose does not seen like a lot, but for a dog it is. Your big one must loose this weight and both eating from the same dish he will never loose it unless you increase his exercise, I had to laugh at his laying down on walks, I had a little girl do this when I changed their walking route, they are so cute lol. How about increasing his play time, throw a ball or his fav.toy and let him fetch it, do this for 5 minutes every day, and increase the time gradually.
Lol we must look ridiculous when we are taking a walk and he lays down because usually I can't get him to walk more and here I am carrying this 7 pound dog while walking this mini 3 pound dog on a leash LOL. By the time we get back home my arm is killing me!

I guess it's going to be a battle of wills with my little one lol. He doesn't even like table scraps! The only dog I know that would turn his nose up at meat! I don't really give them anything from the table because the little one will actually beg and then when I would give in he would sniff it and walk away and the big one would eat both pieces lol. My boyfriend was like he's begging for his brother!
Bamboo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!