View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #9
Bamboo15
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farleys View Post
Can you hold your bigger one next to the bowl, but not let him reach the food, but close enough to encourage the other to eat. i do think your little one will learn to eat from his own bowl, but it will take trying a few diff things. Or maybe put the bigger guy in a kennel and put the little ones food bowl right next to the kennel, so they are eating close to each other.
I personally would try multiple things to make the food more enticing.
Maybe a tiny bit of chicken stock, or try a little spoonful of different kinds of canned food and see which one he likes best. I think its in both of their best interests to feed seperetly. When the day comes that you may need to add medication to food it will be easier. Plus i like to know how much they are reall eating. Its important to keep track of stuff like that, so that you know when they arent eating like they shoul...etc.
The little guy is so stubborn. I have tried a few of the things you mentioned l but we're still having a problem. It seems like he will only eat if the other one is literally also chewing along with him from the same bowl. Plus the bigger one makes a fuss if he's next to food but not eating. I tried tuna today on top of the smaller one's bowl, still didn't work :-/

I'm thinking of maybe trying different feeding times and keeping the other away at that time. I'm hoping if I feed my smaller one late he'll be so hungry he'll just eat.
Bamboo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!