View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #1
Bamboo15
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My Yorkie needs to lose weight :(

My bigger Yorkie is 7 lbs (Almost 8 pounds). My vet told me he looks like "a little sausage" and that I need to get him down to 6 pounds. He's only a little over a year old. He doesn't really over eat. He's definitely not eating anything any different than my other Yorkie, who the vet said looks good (but he's tiny - 3 lbs). It's hard to monitor Exactly who is eating what because if I don't let them eat out of the same bowl my smaller Yorkie will not eat. Just from watching them it seems like the larger one only gets a tiny bit more than my other one which didn't really worry me because he is the larger one. They get the exact same amount of treats. The only thing I can think of why he's gaining weight while the other one isn't is that the other one runs around more while he lounges around more but it's not like he never runs around or plays.

I'm not giving them more food than the recommended amount. Would it be ok to give him less than the recommended amount just until he gets down to 6? Any tips for getting my smaller one to eat without the other one just so I can monitor intake? He will just walk away and walk over to the bigger one's bowl and eat with him and then when they finish they'll both go over to the second bowl.
Bamboo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!