View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #10
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

It is a difficult decision especially with veterinary expenses getting so high. Personally, I stay away from chain anything when it comes to my pets. I want to know the education and background of anyone who touches my babies and I want to know through personal experience of people that I trust.

I live in an area that is not a big city so word of mouth testimony is easier to come by. We also have rescued many stray cats and dogs over the years, gotten them spayed or neutered, shots, socialized them, and found them new homes. For this we have used the local privately run shelter. They have local vets come in twice a week to do surgeries. I have seen very wonderful and professional results from these doctors and payed far less than half the price for the work... but for my personal pets, I go to our regular vet.

If you have a small Yorkie I would advise waiting to do surgery until he reaches at least 4lbs unless his gums are getting infected from the baby teeth. Our vet would not give our small pups shots all at once but recommended brining them back every two to four weeks until all inoculations were completed. We did not have to pay for these additional visits. Extra precautions my be inconvenient but can save a little one from those unexpected reactions.

Maybe you could get your vet to talk to you over the phone. You could try to find out what kind of experience he has with small dogs and if he treats them differently than other dogs. Little dogs can be much different to treat than the traditional sized dog most vets are used to dealing with.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!