View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

When we started Gracie on raw a few years ago we used S&C 's. I decided to try Primal and had a hard time getting her to eat it even mixing it with the S&C.

Personally I prefer to buy S&C 's because the ingredients are sourced from free range livestock. They don't use the mass produced livestock that most pet food producers use that have been kept caged and have been injected with hormones, steroids, antibiotics, etc. S&C's use free range chicken, beef, and fresh caught salmon. Some of their meat is imported from Australia and other countries where free range livestock is more readily available. So much of the US food industry has been bought up by large corporations that function only by the bottom line.

One of the problems with typical caged American livestock is that when the meat is cooked or dehydrated those injected substances that have collected in the flesh over time become more concentrated so the pet is getting an even larger dose and over time can effect their health.

If a pet company does not want to talk about where their ingredients are sourced or how they are processed I just stay away. Gracie has forced me to investigate more aboutpet food because of her particular eating preferences and I have found she is usually right.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!