Thread: Paralysis
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
stephaniehayes
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Paralysis

I have never posted here before, but I am kind of at a loss so I figured I would try anything that I could incase someone else has had this experience. My dog Tallulah was with my parents last night and they were woken up in the middle of the night by their other two dogs, who were barking as to alert them that there was something wrong with my dog. My mom awoke to see Tallulah laying on her side on the floor with her front legs locked, sticking out straight and her back legs curled up. My parents got in the car and once I had met them my dog was crying and distressed. We got to the vet, and she was unable to use her back legs... Trying to maneuver with her front ones dragging herself around the floor... Always turning to the left. After several hours of exams, they determined that Tallulah was not in any pain, she was responsive, but that whatever is going on is neurological. I was instructed to bring her home, and to bring her back in for an emergency neurological consult if she worsens.. and regardless to bring her in for some testing and an MRI. She is very alert and aware, eating and drinking some, she doesn't seem like she is distressed, but she still cannot walk, if she tries it is a struggle... she has not gone to the bathroom at all, and she only wants to be in bed or in a crate. I am just very perplexed as to what this could be. If anyone has had anything like this experience and wouldn't mind getting back to me I would really appreciate any information you might have to offer. Thank you!
stephaniehayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!