View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 02:34 AM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyDad View Post
Thanks for your advice everyone. We really like the vet at Banfield. He's been in practice for 36yrs . He has served as a past president of the Southeastern Michigan Veterinary Medical Association and was a member on the board of directors for the Michigan Veterinary Medical Association. The do blood work prior to any procedure that requires anesthesia the place IV's and monitor the dogs vital signs. The over prescription of antibiotics are what the vet recommends if you feel they're not needed you don't have to give them to your dog and you don't have to buy them. No one is going to force you to do anything you don't want to do. We have an appointment scheduled for early September.
I understand what you're trying to say / justify / explain. But it really *is* a huge red flag when any vet or human doctor over prescribes antibiotics. Not only is it just plain unnecessary - but this is, verbatim, exactly how "superbugs" and antibiotic resistance is created in the first place (one of the most dangerous medical concerns of our time). That's the kind of clinician you're supporting here. I don't mean to sound harsh about it or anything, but merely feel compelled to point this out again as it really cannot be overstated as far as the meaning of it in the big picture.

Best of luck, whichever vet you choose.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!