View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 06:38 AM   #2
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo15 View Post
I'm watching my friend's Yorkie for the weekend. She is paper trained which is fine because I always have the pad down for my two but she's not using it. In the 10 hours she's been here she's only gone once on the floor. I didn't yell or make a big deal, I just picked it up. She's drinking and eating so I'm not sure why she's not going to the bathroom. She seems a little nervous around my two because she's not used to other dogs. The one time she went last night was when no one else was in the room. Anything I should be doing??
Yeah my friend's yorkie did the same thing. I watched him for 3 days and in that 3 days he didn't eat. What I did was just leave him alone. I went about my normal routine and let him explore a confined area on his own. He was really skittish so I try not to make any sudden moves and I didn't try to pick him up. I just let him sit in his little bed and observe us. I was trying to convey to him that he was safe which worked because the little stinker wanted to play fetch at 3:00 in the morning. He literally jumped on the bed and dropped his ball on my face.

Just give her a place where she feels safe and let her be. Also check to make sure she isn't peeing when you are not looking. Little Scooter would sneak a bite or two but he would eat in front of me and he also hid when peeing. I didn't realize how much he had pee until after he left.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!