View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
Shicks
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Sis View Post
Hello

I just wanted to share about cost of medications for Remy. She is on prednisone... which seams to be a common medication used for many conditions and illnesses in dogs.

My vet charged $65.00 for 30 pills. I started doing research online and found petmed charged $35.00 for 30 pills. I asked for a prescription and took it to walgreens and I was chared $10.00 Big difference if you consider how long she will be on prednison (at this point I had 3 months from our vet--- I could have saved $150.00 ish dollars)

Moral of my story? Of course I was more focused on saving Remy but now that we are in the long haul of her treatment saving money where I can safely is a good thing.
Yes, I so well know about this. After my Titan was put on prednisone, a chemo oral pill, liver medicine. My two Vets were very pricey. I got a prescription for one of the meds. To be filled at Walgreens. When I went to pick it up I was totally shocked. It was $298.00 for one months supply. The pharmacy tech saw I was totally freaked out. I told him I needed this to keep my Yorkie alive. He was so nice
He enrolled Titan in a prescription plan. It cost $20.00 a year and I paid nothing over $15.00 per prescription. This was definitely a God send to me & Titan.
Thank God I was able to get the medicine he needed. With going to two Vets a month and a monthly round of chemo, two CBC's a month, & all the medicines he gave us 2 more years of a happy life.
Miss him terribly. Titan is actually my Avtar.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!