View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 12:46 AM   #1
Veemo
Yorkie Talker

Default Peeing while walking, doesn't seem to notice?

I adopted a Chorkie about 3 months ago, and he was said to be house trained. He is, for the most part aside from the occasional accident here and there. He was doing really well, but he's been doing this thing where he walks and pees EVERYWHERE. I mean, it's a 10 foot pee trail when he does this. I haven't caught him the times before, so I figured it was just an accident. So far, he's done this 5 times in the past 2-3 weeks, and the latest accident was tonight. He was pacing and whining, so I let him outside immediately, but he didn't do anything. He didn't even want to move, he just sat down and waited so I figured he didn't need to potty. Not even 5 minutes later, he continues pacing and whining in my room, and starts peeing everywhere while pacing. I had to clean up pee that was circled all over my room. He seemed like he was trying to hold it (hince the whining), but I don't understand why he didn't go outside and pee when he had the chance.

I've been doing a lot of research and I'm wondering if it's an infection. I've been monitoring his urine, and there's no foul odor, blood, or weird color to it. I even have a belly belt on him to see if there's any drops or discharge, but so far nothing. On one occasion, he did have spotting on his belt that was greenish-yellow, but I don't know what it could have been. I really don't know if this is just a house-training issue or if I should be worried about it being related to health. I do know Yorkies are prone to being difficult to house break, so I'm leaning towards that with him... but it's just odd that this just started. Normally, he's only had accidents when it rains outside and he doesn't go out, but these are random pee accidents. He also pooped yesterday inside, RIGHT after I had let him out.

I'd like to avoid the vet if possible (because I'm not completely convinced it's something health related) but if you guys think it's more serious, then I definitely will. Please give me some input as to what this could be... if it's a behavior or health problem.

Also, in case this helps, his diet is a raw diet. He basically gets a mixture of chicken, beef, turkey, chicken wings, chicken necks, etc. With that, it's a mix of green beans, chickpeas, carrots, and sweet potato, supplemented with chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, and nutritional yeast. Because of this diet, he barely drinks any water, and I haven't noticed an increase in his water intake at all.

Last edited by Veemo; 08-15-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Veemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!