View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #28
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Retractables do have a learning curve and they def aren't for everyone. Uni is a puller also, and she screams bloody murder on a regular leash, so a retractable works for us. You do have to keep alert all the time bc you need time to reel them in if you see something coming up. I also only use Flexi retractables, they are made in Germany. I wouldn't trust one by a no name brand or one made in China.
I agree- I love my Flexi's in appropriate situations. I do prefer a regular leash if we are going to be in a city or any type of crowd. But the Flexi is a god send for camping, hiking/trail walks where it's not very crowded but a long leash (like our 50ft long line) would be too cumbersome. Also late night potty breaks, we live on 4 acres unfenced and I won't let him outside at night w/o a leash on. I prefer the "tape" kind in public vs. the wire one. But at home we use a 26ft retractable Flexi that is wire.

To the OP- so so scary!! Always my biggest fear. I've worked on recall a lot with Jackson so he comes usually when he hears "here" in a high pitched voice as he knows a treat is coming. However - if there were a squirrel or something more interesting to him, no telling what he'll do.

The Buddy Belts are very high quality. And Kristin is awesome. So glad you got yourself a harness of good quality. Post a picture of your little man in it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!