View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 11:38 PM   #11
airplane
Senior Yorkie Talker

I believe the name of the breeder in the 3rd link you posted is Sandra. I've met her and I've seen one of her show dogs as well as two puppies she had at that time. I chatted with her quite a bit and she's very knowledgeable and I would not hesitate to call her reputable. I know she was planning on having litters sometime soon. She's also friends with Michelle from Yorkhouse Kennels - Chinese Crested & Yorkshire Terriers Michelle is also a breeder in the Edmonton area that has been breeding for nearly 30 years. If you get a chance to chat with either of them, you'll see that they just have a wealth of information regarding all things breeding and yorkie related. They also don't fit the stereotype personality of a show breeder. They're both very kind and laid-back. I wouldn't hesitate to contact either of them to get the ball rolling and do an application and interviews and maybe arrange a visit and all that stuff. Hopefully Sandra and the other breeders gets back in touch with you, and you can go from there.

I can't speak of the other breeders you've mentioned, but hopefully I've helped you somewhat. I know it's really tough to find a breeder that you can be confident in. Breeders, just in general it seems, are known to be dishonest and not the best type of people. But there are some very good ones out there.

Lastly, 2500 seems a touch on the high side. In Alberta I'd expect somewhere between 1500-2000 for a yorkie. But who knows? There are some breeders in Edmonton and Calgary selling pet yorkies for 5000 plus. But that's a different discussion I suppose.
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!