View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #10
lisaje
Yorkie Talker

Unfortunately the only two breeders I have found here in SK is the one mentioned above, and another show breeder who actually lives quite close to my city but she is not currently accepting applications.

The other breeders I have contacted are all show breeders, and so only breed for hopes of a show quality pup for themselves, and any others they may sell. I just have better gut feelings with these ones because of that, and they are truly breeding to better the Yorkshire Terrier breed. This way I know what I'm getting and what I am paying for in terms of temperament, health issues, and all those important aspects. Not to mention the morals and ethics of the breeders themselves.
I will list their websites below. They all live in Alberta which is out of province, but I am willing to make the drive.

http://veeveeyorkies.wix.com/home Vanessa at VeeVee Yorkies
Yorkhaven - Home Page Cathy at Yorkhaven
CwnAnnwn Yorkshire Terriers (Not certain on her name - but seems reputable none the less)

It's also worth mentioning that Vanessa (so far the only other breeder to respond back at this point in time) is pricing her pups at $2500, no more than that. Which is a fair price and the standard I have seen in my area. My Sunshine Yorkies are selling theirs for 2500-3000 depending on the gender, size and color - which again only makes me more weary, when a show breeder is selling for a firm $2500.

Last edited by lisaje; 08-10-2016 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Link didn't show up properly.
lisaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!