View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
buddybear
YT 1000 Club Member

Exclamation Dangerous Harness Malfunction!!!

After 1 1/2 hours to Phoenix for house hunting, some romping time in the grass and 1 1/2 back DH decided to get a pizza for dinner, no problem. As he went into pizza place, Bud and I got out to stretch our legs but Bud wanted his DADDY! This is in a grocery shopping strip mall..........Bud decided to take off with me on the leash end......I don't know how it happened but his whole harness came off like a well stretchout/wornout bra.....and here I am in my mid 60's, fat, running after him yelling his name.
Well, the little toot ran past the pizza door, past the coin op laundry door, which was open, and around the corner. A younger woman came out following behind me. Meanwhile Buddybear ran to the end of the building where a young man was smoking something, I'm not sure what, did a U-turn, back towards me, then past me and around the post/column doing another Uturn, me calling him all the while. He slowed down to investigate the woman near me as I called his name he took the two steps to me and I snatched him up! I gave my thanks to the woman and promptly walked back to the pizza joint. DH saw me and came outside to help me readjust the harness, which I happened to tighten up before we even left the house today.
Needless to say that one harness is going into the Trash and I will be shopping for a Buddy Belt online. I do have two others, but one is mesh and fits over his head and covers us his collar so I don't know how comfortable it is.
Has anyone's Yorkie ever escaped from their Buddy Belt harness???? I am truly looking for an escape proof one.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful he did not run out in the traffic. Determined little monsters. Why don't they know Momma knows best.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!