Thread: Yorkie fever?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:09 AM   #11
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyoutful View Post
About how old were your Yorkies when they passed? We took in a little guy last year thinking he was 7 years old and he was almost 9. He's 9 now. He had a bladder stone and has bad teeth. One problem at a time is all we can afford. It's summer and he just developed leather ear on both ears in a bad way. So I am working on getting rid of it. It looks like it's getting better. I was just curious what age we can expect him to go. I am hoping it's more than a year. But you've had enough to know what age they really do pass away at.
ALL my puppies I had when they were just 8 weeks old, so they were not rescues. My first two girls I did not have spayed, BIG mistake, they were so tiny, just wee lil babies, the thought of putting them "under the knife" horrified me, my 3rd baby I bite the bullet put my fears behind me and had HER spayed at 6 months, ok'd by my vet. My first girl was 14 yo when she passed, she got Pyometra MY FAULT FOR NOT HAVING HER SPAYED. My second un-spayed girl at age 10 yo also got Pyometra and passed away,AGAIN MY FAULT. The baby passed at 13 yo, kidney failure. When the two older ones passed the baby who was the 6 yo grieved for 7 months, I HAD to get her a BFF. That girl was 17 yo when she passed, so it is hard to estimate how old they will live to be. I would say it all depends on the health of the dog in general. My last girl had Cushing disease for appox. 7 years, she was on meds for those 7 years, you would never know that girl had a serious illness, she was a LARGE yorkie weighed in at 17 lbs. lived to be 17 yo. I now have my rescue boy, he was 2.5 yo when I got him, he is with me 2.5 years now making him 5 yo. He is healthy, has allergy's which is something new to me, my passed girls never had this. Feed your baby a good quality food, if you see he is not acting normal, not eating or drinking water, take him to the vet. Take him for his yearly physicals and keep him updated with his vaccines. I wish you many more years with your baby.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!