View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Having bred a few litters from my Champion AKC bitches, I did accidentally post one litter on AKC -- hit the wrong key when I was doing the on-line litter registration. The cost was $29.00 for 90 days, which I felt wasn't unreasonable.

Being a very limited breeder, most of my pups are spoken for prior to breeding the bitch, so even when I do have a litter, I generally don't have "extra" pups to sell. But last time I did have one boy, so I gave it a try. I was not pleased at all with the results. The vast majority of inquiries came from

1) folks looking for a tiny "teacup" pup

2) folks looking for a pup with full registration, i.e. breeding rights

3) folks wanting me to list my pups on their "puppy find" websites -- for a fee of course

None of the above are candidates for any pup I may produce, and I really don't like being contacted by solicitors. I dis have a lot of teaching opportunities, about what the term "teacup" generally implies and why I NEVER EVER give open registration to those I don't know. The solicitors were another matter all together. They don't take no for an answer - and I hate hanging up on folks, but sometimes I make exceptions.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!