Thread: I want a dog
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #10
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Oh dear. Border collies need a very active home life to be truly happy, gawd knows I couldn't own one. Runners joggers etc, lots and lots of exercise. I know so many folks go on dog looks or their friend has that dog and I like it.
Oh my goodness, talk about it- my sister has a border collie mix and that guy blows my mind. Not my cup of tea- smart and energetic!? Ack!. I know labs aren't one of the big dogs but honestly Gail, this is a stretch for me to support my family in. I commend you with your big black beauties! I love them all but the commitment of ownership is a whole nother story! My kids really wanted a husky but between the very high prey drive and the tendency to being nomadic (runners!) I just had to put my foot down. And this little guy just happened to show up at the right time. My oldest daughter who is going to high school this year will be SAMs handler in puppy class along with my oldest son and I think that is the right way for us.

My father lives less than two miles away with a seasonal pond in his backyard and his black lab (we grew up with labs and retrievers) and we are already working on retrieving- lol, he is a natural! And we are definitely in a position to do some scent training and water retrieves etc. we shall see where it takes us!

(Okay, and the agility set comes in the mail tommorow )

Last edited by Lilah Charm; 08-01-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Lilah Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!