View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
Laura
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 Seizure in 12 yo Yorkie - Zowie

About 4:30 yesterday we were sitting outside, Zowie came out the dog door and sort of tripped. She walked across the patio to the water, turned around and came back. I reached my foot out and petted her, she stood and let me pet her with my foot which is unusual, she seemed to be leaning into it. I put Dexter down and picked up Zoe and she sort of flailed. I pulled her to my chest and tried to lay her down, but she seemed only to be able to be held to my chest, curving toward her right side. After about 5 minutes, we went inside, I gently handed her to my husband so I could change clothes, took her back and we tried to think what could be wrong.

I started to write on here, but could not think straight. At 5:00 she was still out of it, as I called the vet, she threw up all over my son. We took her right in and by 6:00 they had done all the blood tests; as we were waiting for results, suddenly she lifted her head and slowly over the next 10 minutes she started coming around and could stand and was fine.

The vet was rather stunned, but he said all her tests came back fine and she was amazingly healthy for a 12 year old. I think her potassium was at the line between ok and high and her thyroid was a tad low. He put her on Phenobarbital and wants to see her in 3 weeks to test the levels and will start her on thyroid meds at that time.

Now she seems fine, but a seizure lasting 1.5 hours? I am so afraid, I just wondered if any of you had thoughts about this.:

http://www.yorkietalk.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=1851
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!