View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 06:23 AM   #4
airplane
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello Shannon. First I just have to say, I love Texas! It's one of my favorite states. And it kinda, at least superficially, reminds me of home in some ways when I think of the cowboy hats, oil, etc. I'm from Alberta. And I can totally see you speaking with an accent, and I'd imagine people call you a southern belle, yeah? Although I'm not completely sure what that term means nowadays. But I loved how you typed out the word 'y'all'.

Anyways, as I read your post and saw the ages of your kids, I just wanted you to be aware that the work training the dog could very well possibly end up resting on your shoulders. I mention that because it seems you're maybe getting a dog possibly more so for your kids as opposed to for yourself. Just with how teenagers are with the things going on in their lives, and when the novelty factor of the dog wears off, etc. You maybe already know that but I just wanted you to be aware and ready to take that responsibility on.

For traveling, if it's not an option to take Bella with you, just make sure that whoever is looking after Bella is someone who you trust and are confident they know how to care for yorkies. There's lots of people who end up leaving their dog with a stranger who maybe has tons of experience and maybe even has made a living caring for other people's dogs. But I'm totally against leaving dogs with strangers. I just can't bring myself to do it. Just be super careful if you go that route.

If you're in the Dallas area it shouldn't be very hard to find a reputable breeder within driving distance. There might be a waiting list that could possibly be for many months or even longer. So that's just something to be aware of. You might have to wait.

Last edited by airplane; 07-29-2016 at 06:25 AM.
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!