View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
purplemusic56
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad I have a runner!

Please help! I was asked to take in a three year old Yorkie whose owners didn't have time for her and who had kept her in a crate most of her life. I love this baby dearly; however, she tries to sneak out of the house at the slightest movement of the door. We live 1/2 mile from the highway and twice she has gotten away from me and headed straight for the road. She thinks my chasing her is hilarious! This morning I was in the middle of the road in my pajamas with both lanes of traffic at a complete stop! She refused to come to me and ran from me and everyone else who tried to help. Finally, a kind man with another Yorkie sat in the road and showed my baby his dog. That did the trick and I was able to "catch" her and walk the 1/2 mile back home - did I say in my pajamas - carrying her! I did not want to punish her as I was afraid she might never come back if this happens again. The thing is - this CANNOT happen again - someone is going to wreck or this baby is going to be hurt. Am I doing something wrong? Does she hate me? Please tell me how to handle this situation! Thanks so much!!
purplemusic56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!