View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 05:47 AM   #6
kat723
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezwriter View Post
A week ago, we said our last goodbye to Cody, who we consider the best Yorkie ever born. Cody was 11 1/2 years old and all that time, he was the perfect pet. He wasn't a yapper or a jumper. His coat was soft and extremely thick and he had the baby doll face of an angel. When we got Cody, we soon knew that we had found the recipe for the perfect pet.
About 10 days ago, we had visitors with two giant American Mastiffs and a special needs child. It was agreed that the dogs couldn't come into my house. But when Cody saw the big dogs he went to the door. Before we could intercede the child opened the back door and the Mastiffs immediately went inside and attacked our baby. When my husband tried to get him away and put him into the sink, the dogs reached up to the sink and ripped my husband's hand. It was the most horrific moments in our lives. After X-rays confirmed that Cody's ribs were crushed and his lung deflated, he was quickly moved to an emergency care hospital where he could be placed on oxygen. Cody died very early the next morning.
Just like that! Our sweet baby is gone. And it was such a brutal and cruel death we are having a terrible time getting over it. We hear him. We see him. I feel him on my lap. We both go to pieces every time something happens to remind us of Cody. How long? How long will we have nightmares of those huge dogs going for that perfect baby's throat. Rest in peace my angel puppy. They say when a dog dies, God places him in the arms of an angel. I hope that angel can love him as much as we love him. I'll have another Yorkie. But there will never ever be another Cody.
My heart is with you in the loss of your precious Cody. Heaven has another fur baby.
kat723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!