View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
poo
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Newbie - She won't stop biting me!

I found this site because it was suggested for breed specific training. I have a 2 1/2 month old yorkie/toy poodle that I purchased only 4 days ago. She is my very first doggie so I don't want to make any detrimental mistakes. I can't find much information on a yorkie-poo, but she act's more like a yorkie than a poodle. She is very sweet but she won't stop biting me! I have tried yelling OUCH and taking my hand away and ignoring her (which I have read to do from various sites) but she'll chase me and keep biting. She chases my feet and bites them. When I pick her up when she is excited she tries to bite! She is even biting harder now than she did a couple days ago despite my consistent reactions. I thought about kennel training, but she likes her kennel and sleeps in it at night. I have a long hallway and I shut all the bedroom doors. At the end of the hall there is a glass door so if I put here in that closed off area when she bites I could keep an eye on her, but I'm not sure if this is the right approach. Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks.
poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!