View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #1
Furmommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 036 How big will my babies get?!?

Hello Everyone!

While I've had large dogs such as GSDs, Great Danes, Labs etc. since I was a child, this is my first time owning yorkies!! I'm already in love. I have a little boy named Perker who's is 3lbs 3 oz at 10 weeks (Parents were both 5lbs and he was one of the smaller ones in the litter) and a little girl named Rosie who is 1 lb 5 oz at 9 weeks (Parents were 3 & 5 lbs and she was the larger one in the litter).

Rosie is charting to be just under 3 1/5lbs (which sounds about right) but Parker is charting to be 8-9lbs while acordong to his breeder he would be about 5. Now on Parkers health certicficate it says that at 7 weeks he weights 1lb 9oz (which must have been a typo). Then at 9 weeks he weighed 3lbs 2oz so he only gained 1 oz In the past week which doesn't match up with the growth chart.

Now my question is... Has anyone Experienced a similar situation? And how large did you're puppy get? I have heard that different lines can grow at different rates and some stop growing very young. So I'm just curious! ☺️
Furmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!