View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #22
Taleta
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Oh, brother! I can't even look at my miniature Schnauzer Elmo without Fendi realizing it, telepathically... She bark's a jealous warning and look's at me with the eyes of sheer scorn! Whenever I call his name, she appears, despite the fact that when I summon her she fails to respond. If I pick him up, she is nipping at his heels! He generally is so good natured that he will move out of her way and let her have the floor. She is so sweet and lovable, but Elmo was with us for 3 years prior to her arrival, as she was nearly four when my nephew who moved to non pet-friendly dog's turned her over into my care in January of '15, and so this behavior simply will not be tolerated... I have to find gentle ways of reprimanding her as I have no desire to wreak havoc on her self-esteem, and it is very important that she always feels loved, wanted, nurtured and cared for but this has been going on for over a year and a half, and while she isn't getting any better, I must admit she is not getting any worse. You all have no idea how relieved I am to know that her envy is not some figment of my imagination. My friend's were all beginning to make me feel like I might be losing my mind just a little.
Taleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!