View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
Jiawun
Yorkie Talker

Default Biting paws and scratching face until bleeding

My poor baby, Hashie, has been itching severely for the past two months! She started scratching her face and had hair loss in the muzzle area so I took her to the vet who treated her for sarcoptic mange by giving her injections. I was then advised to put an E-Collar on her. After 2 injections, she didn't get better at all so the vet ruled out mange, and told us it's most likely an allergy. She did a skin scrape on her wounds and found no mites, but a yeast infection. She didn't find any ticks or fleas. I've changed her food to a hypoallergenic wet food, and changed her shampoo. I put the Frontline Spot On treatment on her every month. She didn't get better, so the vet said it might be an environmental allergy. I wash her bed every week. I was then told to give her Cetirizine Hcl (Zyrtec) to help with the itch and her allergy. By this time, since it is Summer and very hot and humid where I live, she started getting a heat rash which went away after I removed her cone.

She is STILL biting at her front paws (especially the underside of her left paw) to the point where it bleeds and it hurts for her to stand on that paw. Just today, I found two TINY ticks on her, one on her face and one on her head. I don't get why because I just applied her Frontline Spot On on the 3rd of July. Has anyone had this problem? How do I solve the tick problem if Frontline Spot On didn't work?

I don't know what to do anymore! If I put on her cone, it's too hot and she gets a heat rash. If I don't put on her cone, she scratches her face and bites her paws until it bleeds. The Zyrtec is helping a bit, but she is still itchy! She looks so sad, and she usually loves running around and playing.

If you know of anything that might help Hashie, please please let me know!

Thank you in advance!
Jiawun is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!