View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
Joszacs
Yorkie Yakker

Thank you for your responses!

Charlie has been diagnosed with Pancreatitis. I'm wondering why the vet yesterday morning when I took him in did not test for that. They don't know if Charlie got into something that caused the skin reaction and pancreatitis or if they are two separate issues. I'm leaning towards they are related due to the fact Charlie has never had skin reactions in his almost 12 yrs. He is at the hospital getting fluids(dehydrated from the vomiting), pain meds and something to coat the stomach. The blood in the vomit and stool(small amounts) concerns her due to the prednisone and possibly causing ulcer like issues in the stomach. I can go get him about 4:30pm, so in about 2 1/2 hours. They said they will go over what kind of food he can now be on. Has to be a low fat diet so I doubt he'll be on the Yorkie Royal Canin or Fromm any longer. Honestly I don't care, I just want him back home and feeling like himself again.

Thank you again for your responses. Attached is a pic of Charlie I took Oct 2015 right after he turned 11. He is a very special dog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charlie1.jpg (68.6 KB, 22 views)
Joszacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!