View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #8
Silver Lace
YT 500 Club Member

Default Protein loss

Hi,
I was wondering if it might help for your little one to be on a prescription diet by Royal Canin called Hydrolyzed Protein? My Joey has been eating the dry and the wet for quite awhile and it has helped him. If you google it and read the reviews it has helped many dogs with protein loss problems as well as allergy problems. I can,t remember his exact problem but he was having non stop diarrhea and was on a different diet for it that did not help. He had tests run and was told he was not absorbing the nutrients from his food so he was put on the hydrolyzed protein diet and he has no more diarrhea. He also has to take lasix for fluid in his abdomen every third day now and it has helped.He also takes a daily multivitamin, a Complete probiotic and a denamarin for his liver. He is doing well on all of this. But my main reason for writing was to suggest the possibility of that prescription diet to you. as a possible solution for the protein loss. Best wishes to you. Hope all goes better for you two.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!