View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #509
AlfiesMum
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi everyone, I am very new to homecooking. I did a batch of the following yesterday which is the first time cooking.

500g Turkey Breast Mince
500g Turkey Thigh Mince
150g Lamb Heart
900g Frozen Cauliflower & Broccoli
100g Frozen Peas
1kg Cooked White Basmalti Rice

I used the water that the veg were cooked in to cook the rice added a tablespoon of coconut oil and freshly chopped parsley.

I have two yorkies, wee Alfie who is 9 years and 10lbs and who has had his 2nd major op to remove a calcium oxalate stone, also my reason for homecooking and also my wee rescue 9 or 10 years (unfortunately not sure of her actually age) Penny and she is 8.5lbs and also has a sensitive tum.

The vet had Alfie on a prescription diet after his first op to remove a stone 10 months ago and as I seen it didn't really do its job so told them I am going down this route.

I have to be careful as there is foods that are high oxalating foods, parsley is one which I added to the recipe above but it was very little and any I see in the food I'll pick out.

I just need to get them on supplements but I also can't give Alfie certain vitamins as they are oxalate producing such as Vitamin C and D.

I am justill wondering has anyone else have babies prone to stones and is homecooking?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!