View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Oh where to start ! First , do you know his genetic background ? by this I mean did you purchase him from a Reputable SHOW breeder ? one who knows the COMPLETE Health & Genetic background of the parents from years back ? & knows that their dogs don't throw things like Liver Shunt, AAI, Chiari Malformation & Luxating Patellas just to name a few of the things that you could unknowingly be passing on to some poor unsuspecting owner & the heartache & expense that comes along with these things ? if the answer to this is No or you don't know then IMHO you should not breed your dog. I am not a breeder but was a vet tech for many yrs & I can honestly say that breeding is best left to the pros. Second IF you decide to go ahead and breed your dog, be prepared for LOTS & Lots of marking & peeing inside your home & sometimes this can be stopped OR only slowed down after the deed is done but sometimes not. even after he's neutered. Also it can cause other undesirable issues such as Humping anything & everything such as you, your guests, your purse when left unattended on the floor & so on & so on. If this dog is your loving pet & that's what you want him to continue to be then I would suggest that you think long & hard before breeding him.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!