View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 04:46 AM   #3
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet little girl.
When I lost my 17 yo baby I was devastated. Al though she was 99.9 blind and same for hearing her health was good. I thought I would have her until she was at least 20 years old, then suddenly she became sick, would not eat, I took her to my vet, they kept her for 7 days, I was getting positive reports bthat she would be coming home. I went to visit her every day she was getting thinner and thinner each day, yet each day I was told she would be coming home. Day 7 I received a early morning call to come in and say my goodbyes, I HAD to put her down, I was numb and in shock, I was NOT expecting to hear this. I did what I had to do. I swore NO MORE DOGS, I had lost so many and it does not get any easier. My Matese was the oldest baby I ever had, and as she got older my love for her deepened, when she left me the pain in my heart was overwhelming, I truly thought I was going to have a heat attack the pain was so intense. In was in a very dark place, cried all the time, I could not drive my car, my mind always drifted back to that phone call and me holding her while the tech gave her the shot that ended her life. I was a hazard on the road, so I stayed home and cried. 6 weeks later I received a call from my vet, they had just gotten in a 2.5 yo surrender boy, she said there was something about him that reminded her of my Matese, she wanted me to come see the dog. I gave her all the reasons why I did not/could not have another dog in my life, and I did not want a male dog because of their marking, my vet kept say "just come to see the dog" out of respect for my vet to think of me when this dog came to her and to just appease HER because I knew I would NEVER have a male dog, I knew it was safe to JUST GO SEE THIS DOG. When I saw this lil guy running around the lunch room at the vet welcoming every tech that came in i felt so bad for this lil baby, who could toss him from their life. I knew I could give him a GOOD home and yes, I took him. Well he rescued ME, he filled that giant gap in my heart, he made my house a home again, he pulled me out of a very dark place and helped me heal the loss of my beautiful girl. I did not plan on a dog but I thank GOD for bringing us together. Only YOU can know when the time is right for you, some would say 6 weeks was to early for someone to get another dog, but for me, if it was not for this boy I cannot say where I would be today. You will know when the time is right. And NO dog can EVER take the place of one that you have lost. (((hugs)))
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!