View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 06:50 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy1013 View Post
I also have plans to get my boy neutered this week. How did you know they were in pain? Is it harmful to just give him the pain meds to be on the safe side? Also, did anyone experience any changes in their babies' personality? My husband is worried that he won't be as feisty or energetic. Sorry to hijack this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Dogs will often hide their pain, so sometimes the signs are very subtle.

Some signs: isolating themselves or going to unusual places away from everyone to lie down. Ears in a downward, back position. Watery eyes. Reluctance to eat. Whimpering, or vocalizing loudly or resisting being touched.

Our vet gave us 3 days worth of pain meds. It doesn't hurt to give the pain meds even if not needed.

Personality: both of my boys are neutered, 7 years old, and just as feisty and energetic as ever! I'm hoping they mellow a little by the time they are 15.
Totally agree.

We too were given 3-4 days worth of meds and I *always* just give them as scheduled bc you do want to stay ahead of any pain going on - you don't ever want to play "catch up" w/ pain meds. So no, it does not hurt them to give them - in fact, it's much better if you do in the long run (for scar tissue healing properly etc).
Save

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!