View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
courtney1121
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Eye issue at groomer's

So took my babies to get groomed yesterday at the groomers. I told them Geno had dandruff and she said she would use a medicated shampoo on them. They used this -
Quadruped Pet Care - Quadruped Pet Care
Quadruped Multi Purpose Tearless Shampoo

They usually use it solely on his body but this time they used it on his face. His eyes started to bother him so they flushed them multi times but he was super uncomfortable. The groomers called me to come get him and that Mia wasn't done yet. They said Geno was acting strange and might calm down if I get him so I went down and took him back to my mom's where I stay while they get groomed. He was squinting severely. I made an appt at a nearby vet since mine was closed. They put special drops in his eyes and did a black light basically on them. They both lit up green and you could see scratches. They sent me home with medicine eye gel.

Any time something happens to one of them, I always call the breeder. She was so furious and thought they should have knew not to put medicated shampoo on his face since he is such a tiny dog. The owner grooms my dog and her mom also owns it as well and were super sympathetic. I took Geno back in after the vet. Vet put a cone on his head and gave him his first dose of eye gel so he looked super sad. Both the owners were crying, they felt so bad. They paid for his vet bill and are reimbursing me for the groom. I have to take him back on Weds to get his eyes checked again and they said they would pay for that as well. I love my groomers so super torn on what to do. The two owners did not wash him. They have an employee who has been washing them both for a few grooms now. Ugh, what would you guys do in this situation. My groomers are really good people and I know it was a poor judgment call on the groomers part, just don't know what I should do - keep going there and obviously no more medicated shampoo or should I go somewhere else and hope the new groomers are just as caring about all their client's animals that I know my current groomers are? Also, I have been going to these groomer's since both dogs were puppies and they never have been groomed anywhere else. Geno is 5 yrs old and Mia is 4 yrs old.

Join today and remove this ad!