View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
anniemm
Yorkie Yakker

Default Excited and nervous! Olivia is due shortly!

My girl Olivia is due Sunday to have her first litter. I have been assembling all the things I may need during her whelping. I have a wonderful friend who is a breeder who I speak to daily and I have great Vet support. Still a bit nervous. We have had golden retriever pups but yorkies are so much smaller. My Vet said she will be just fine. She has been wanting to snuggle a lot and her babies are moving all over her belly. We had an ultrasound done when she was about 32 days into the pregnancy to confirm that she was pregnant which also proved my male could make pups. The Vet counted 4 and almost said 5 but he said he would rather stop at 4. I bought her a perla bed but she doesn't seem too interested in it. She tends to go to her regular dog bed but when she starts having her puppies I will put her in the perla bed to deliver. I have a pack and play and I also have a small kiddie pool and I am not sure which to use. I don't want her to try and get out of the pack and play and get hurt. She may be able to get out of the pool easier if she needs a break. Either way I was goin to put the perla bed in one or the other until the pups are big enough to get out of the perla bed. I have seen some very nice whelping boxes online and if we had time we would make one, well my husband would and I would help. I would love to know what other people use for whelping boxes. Any words of advice for a first timer?
Thanks!
anniemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!