View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
MarkFromSea
YT 3000 Club Member

Looking for clues to make it easier on myself, came across this thread. I have an older version of paint so the resizing is hidden under the "image" tab "attributes" selection.

On this older version of paint, hit "file" then "open", find the photo you want to resize, click it, then click the "image" tab, in the drop down you will find "Attributes", click that. Change the width to 800 and the height to 600, click ok. You can click image and attributes again to see the file size, verify it's under 200kb/200,000 bytes. Then under the file tab, use "save" or "save as". I'd use the "save as" so you can rename it and select it's destination somewhere away from your higher quality photos.

I just found "photoscape", a free downloadable program this morning thanks to a member here, this morning. I used the batch editor to do a bunch of photos at the same time. I think that is what I will be using in the future, it may save some time and hassle in the future for photos to be downloaded at YT. It takes some getting used to, finding the right size and quality selection to get below the 200kb limit. Summarized, once you get into the batch editor portion, select a bunch of photos in your selected file, drag them into the editor screen and select the size over on the right side of the screen, reducing width to 800, then reducing quality all the way to the bottom of the scale... all of the photo images should be below 200kb but you won't know until you send them to an outside file folder... you'll have to play with that to see what I'm describing. Have fun! Hope to see more photos!
MarkFromSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!