View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Scoobstersmom
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar Capucci View Post
Im sad my lil buddie lost 14 teeth at the Vet yesterday. I told her We felt like we neglected him and she informed that Yorkies dont have the best teeth. Im still Sadd.
Awww....try not to beat yourself up about it. Some toy breed dogs just do not have good teeth or proper alignment of the mouth to keep the teeth healthy. Your baby will feel so much better now that those bad teeth are gone. We took in an older rescue toy poodle a few years ago, knowing he had a terrible mouth. Within a few months he had his first dental and lost about 14 teeth, and we gave him a few months to recover then had the other side done. When it was all said and done, he was left with three of his canines and that's it. It was the best thing we could have done for him. Prior to the dentals he was a picky eater and underweight. Since the dentals and now that he's fully recovered he has a great appetite, loves to eat, and has put on three pounds. Eventually his little gums toughened up, and now he can eat just about anything our other dogs eat. Tiny sized kibble bites, those little granola sized milk bones, and he can gum a bully stick like nobody's business. I do feed him soft food (Primal frozen raw patties) for his regular meals, but he snacks on the same things our dogs with teeth eat.

Diana
Scoobstersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!