View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbararai View Post
She is 9 weeks. I should have been alerted when I didn't see a mom anywhere in the area. It was at a private home but the breeder was highly recommended. Thanks for your reply.
I totally get it...bc yup, been there ! I really didn't know anything about buying a dog when I bought my 1st yorkie and I most definitely went to what we call "BYB" (backyard breeder). Looking back now, I'm just like . The poor breeding does show in my little lovebug, Wylie (now 12), bc he has multiple serious health problems...but I'm so grateful to have him bc he is one of THE loves of my little life .

But maybe the good thing for you is that you did have good word of mouth, ya know? That's something. It is odd though that you didn't see Mom/Dad...she didn't mention them at all...?

Best of luck w/ your kiddo . I think as long as you stay on top of (high alert!) his young, vulnerable age and the potential to go downhill fast, you'll be okay. Just be sure you feel GOOD about your vet, make sure you trust them and have a good gut feeling....if you don't have that, believe me, you don't want.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!