View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #1
619Heather
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused If we couldn't have a hamster, will 8 yr old yorkie accept a puppy?????

I am stressing out.....my 8 year old neutered boy would attack our hamster and obsess over him being in the kids room in a cage. We tried to introduce him in the hamster ball, but it just didn't work out, so we rehomed the hamster....fast fwd a year later, we want a little girl (yorkie) I know someone who breeds, and her dog just had a small litter today and there was a girl But I am seriously concerned if he will accept a puppy. I read an article online saying if you have a terrier of any sort that has a strong prey sense to any vermin, that a small size puppy will trigger the same? It wasn't an article about yorkies, or anything in particular....it was just about introducing a new puppy. Anyway, any advice, tips, or information would be appreciated. I don't want to stress my boy out or put a little girl in danger if it isn't a good idea? My mom has a female Chihuahua that he gets along with when we visit, but she is full grown.
619Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!