View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 04:29 AM   #13
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobstersmom View Post
Hi Schicks. Did your vet give the okay to start mixing his regular food in with the EN this soon? If not, I would consider sticking faithfully to the RX diet for now. Even though Ruger seems happy and playful, it can take a while for the inflammation in the pancreas to fully resolve and relapses at this point aren't all that uncommon. And I say that from the standpoint of having been there and done that. We all want our little buddies to get back to normal as quickly as possible, but especially considering that Ruger threw up yesterday and is wanting to nibble on grass, he may need the restricted diet for a bit longer. The best choice for him right now is a diet that is bland, low fat, easily digestible, and contains a lot of moisture. The EN fits all of those restrictions. You may be able to slowly transition him back to his regular diet over time, but I would not rush it. Repeating the Spec CPl will give you the information you need to know whether the pancreatitis has completely resolved.

Good luck, and here's hoping the labs come back perfect on Monday!

Diana
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!