View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 06:38 AM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseymarie09 View Post
So do you think Atopica would be better than the shots? If it is better and can be taken alone I will definitely ask about it.
It's really a catch-22 to be honest bc ideally the shots / allerdrops would be absolutely the best......IF they work. But there is no guarantee after spending $400 for testing and $200 for the shot/drops vial that it'll even work. And keep in mind that if it does work - it does not work right away; so either way, you'll have to medicate for symptoms for a good long time, while the shots/drops are working to modulate the immune system (this truly takes time).

So if I knew that 90% of the time the shots/drops worked, then yes, I'd say shots are better...bc they're not on "medications" then; it's a natural treatment.

I can tell you, though, that either Atopica or Apoquel work tremendously in the vast majority of dogs. We have several members here w/ dogs on those meds and they work wonderfully in almost all cases.

So at the end of the day, you kinda have to weigh if you want to spend the $600 to get started on shots/drops, knowing there are no guarantees to it working. If you can spend that money and try it - great! Bc it *may* work. But just know the reality of it. And know that either way, you'd still have to treat w/ Atopica or Apoquel for the first several months of the shots/drops anyway, to alleviate the severe symptoms of allergies.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!