View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
caseymarie09
Senior Yorkie Talker

I just want to post an update on Lola since I haven't for a while. After the last reply I made in this thread, the next morning I had to take her back because she could hardly breathe. I tried to force a prednisone pill but she literally refused and I gave her a benadryl shot. It wasn't working so I took her back to the vet and the foreign doctor was still there who was the day before. She insisted that she "looks fine to me" and nothing was wrong. Just because she looks fine does not mean she is fine. It was like me and my mom had to talk her into doing something for her and I could NOT take her back home when she was having trouble breathing. So she kept her for a few hours with oxygen and later called and said I could come and pick her up. She was doing better. I took her straight to another vet right then to have blood drawn for allergy tests. They were SO great with us and I FINALLY know what is wrong with her!! She is highly allergic to milk, beef, liver, flax seed, bahia grass (which looks like plain yard grass), dust mites, and storage mites. I'm still feeding her the Royal Canin hypoallergenic food and a spoonful of can food (can't think of the brand at the moment) and giving her prednisone and benadryl every day. She has been great since then. The worst thing about it is the prednisone makes her so hungry and pee a lot lol. I actually talked to the vet today about allergy shots. I'm pretty sure I will get them for her and she said she could gradually come off the prednisone when I start the shots. Even tho the prednisone is a little aggravating lol, I'm SO happy that I FINALLY got some answers and I know what is wrong and know exactly what to do for her.
Thank you to everyone who has responded to my posts and helped me out. And to anyone who just takes the time to read my rants and long posts lol.
I'm also pretty sure I have found the right vet for her that cares and will help with anything we need!
caseymarie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!