View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 05:41 AM   #10
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Even with baby gates and other backup, keep training for stay, down, stop, and so on.

We have xpens lining our deck. One day while I was blowing leaves off the deck and had the pens pushed aside, my dad opened the door and out came the dogs. I also had the yard gate open. Max started doing a beeline for the open gate.

I yelled "Stop, down Max!" I nearly fell on top of him because I didn't expect him to obey. All of our training inside had paid off.

We've also had a couple incidents of dropped leashes in busy street areas.

Oh I know the dropped leashes very well. I was showing Magic when he was a puppy and somehow the scamp, sinewed out of his show collar - did some magic up and over its head it went - I was left standing in the ring with no dog by myside. He had decided he just must meet the spectators. They were not thrilled! LOL. I am surely red with embarassment when I left the ring to go get him back. Thankfully the judge did not DQ us. We finished in first place despite that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!