Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 03:59 AM   #1
Bettysmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Hello!

Thank you for allowing me to join you. My husband and I adopted two yorkie sisters three years ago - Betty and Wilma. At first Wilma was very shy and submissive to her sister but as time has gone on she has become more assertive. Occasionally ( and there does not always seem to be a trigger) Betty will attack her. These attacks are getting worse! We have been to an animal behaviorist which did not help. Our vet has now suggested Xanax for potentially stressful situations.
We are in the process of having a house built and my husband and the dogs are remaining in Virginia ( we thought it would be less stressful for them to stay in the home that they were familiar with) while I am in our little condo in Florida for my job. We did not think that we should seperate them because they love one another very much - when they are not fighting!
I would appreciate your wisdom - poor little Wilma is like a punchbag for her sister! Betty trembles before and after these attacks, hence the xanax. Any suggestions are gratefully accepted!
Bettysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!