Thread: stinky house
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #3
barneysmommmy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Are the accident spots limited to the area rug? The urine is likely penetrating the rug pad, if you have one, or the hardwood underneath.

An enzyme cleaner is usually recommended as best for removing the scent.

I have had good results with Hoover oxy carpet cleaner on bile/vomit, which I would argue is a harder scent to remove. Haven't needed it in a very long time, so I do not remember the specific name. I think it may have been formulated specially for pets.

Maybe someone else will have more suggestions for what to use on the hardwood flooring.
Actually, I can't find any spots on the carpet. I even got down on the floor to sniff them out. It's an area rug (8 x 10), no padding. There are no wet spots or stains on the back of it. I've turned it over to look. I am at a loss. I asked him if it was a urine odor. He said it just smells doggy. I ordered a black light today. So maybe I will have better luck finding the spots on the carpet.

My furniture is all leather. I doused it all today with leather cleaner and gave it a thorough cleaning. Maybe it's absorbing their B.O? I also washed all the throw blankets today and used vinegar in the wash.

Is the Hoover cleaner for a wet vac or dry vac?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!