Thread: Too excitable?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
Farleys
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismama View Post
Cali is almost 3, and while she is a very sweet girl she is very excitable. For example, she's been going to get groomed all of her life but she still acts crazy at the groomers. Today the groomer complained and said it's becoming a safety issue for her (Cali) and that we need to book her appointments with the manager from now on because she's more experienced. We've also been asked plenty of times if shes new to being groomed because of the way she behaves.

Another example is that while she is very familiar with my parents, any time she sees them she gets overly excited. Barking, running around like crazy, jumping up, excessively licking, whining, ect. She doesn't calm down for hours.

She only acts like this with people outside of our immediate family. Here she is calm, sleeps most of the time, and is very well behaved. It's kind of embarrassing because we always explain to people that this is not normal for her and she's usually well behaved but I don't think they believe us, haha.

So, yeah. I think it's obvious she needs more socialization or something. Any advice? It's difficult to take her out and socialize her because of how she acts but I guess maybe she won't stop acting like that unless we do...?
Sorrybi have no advice! Lol.. I am groomer but sometimes it helps to really really tire your dog out before grooming.
We have a jack russell/rat terrier that behaves the exact same way around anyone new!! We hate taking him anywhere because of his over excited yelps and screams!! He gives us a headache. And he seems tobe getting worse with age. He is 10.
Farleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!