View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #9
Shicks
YT 500 Club Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis and that Ruger has to spend the night. Very good thing you brought him in today! You are a great mom. He remains in my prayers to come home soon and recover quickly.

Pancreatitis is a bit of a mystery. It's not always related to food. Sometimes it can be stress, and sometimes nothing that can be pinpointed. As Jay indicated above, genetics can play a role.

That said, any chance that someone else may have slipped Ruger an unapproved treat, or may have dropped something on the floor?

What brand kibble does he eat and how long has he been on it? Pancreatitis can sometimes take a long time to build.
He did get a dog biscuit Monday @ Petsmart, has had one before when we've been there. He's been eating Nutri Source all his life (16 months). My husband & I have racked our brain on how this has happened. I'm a nervous wreck. The Doctor called about 5:30 our time and said he was taking his iv's no problem. She won't offer any food till tomorrow morning. A sleepless night for me.
Thank you for your concern
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!