View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #69
Breny
My Tiny Treasures
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
This thread has become such a hot potato!

I don't own a Breny Yorkie and I don't know much about breeding, but that's why I decided to become a member here - to learn more from others with a lot of experience. I can understand how the heat and defensiveness started when Breny was the topic of judgement due to the use of the term babydoll - I think anyone would feel hurt if they were the topic of criticism and would feel defensive. I can also understand the skeptical side of things from others, who don't know enough, who are all paranoid of the bad breeders out there using this term.

Coming from someone who doesn't know that much about breeding, the term babydoll does raise flags, simply because of the number of unethical BYBs and puppymills out there. At the end of the day though, it really is about reputation. If Breny has such a big reputation of producing healthy pups, based on the number of happy families and other reputable breeders' opinions, then it really is her prerogative to use the term, despite the 'negative' connotations that may be associated with.

Not that my opinion matters, but it would be easier if the term wasn't used by a good breeder. Because by using it, it just gets confusing to those who are passionate, but may not know enough; it may seem like "you're one of them" to the ignorant. I think that's what most of us are thinking. But again, it's totally Breny's prerogative to use whatever term preferred.

And last, it's upsetting to hear that many of the good breeders have left the forum due to the breeder bashing. I really hope that the rest of us non-breeders can respect those who are reputable, be cognisant of the fact that we're all here to learn, just have calm discussions and make it a positive learning experience here. I really hope the good breeders here can try to be forgiving and patient with some of us inexperienced and ignorant members. Please stay
Very good post.

Breny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!