View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 03:38 AM   #64
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breny View Post
I was sitting here thinking about the remarks about my pricing. And again I want to say it's the people that don't know me you can think negative about my pricing. As I said I can count on one hand the many Tinys that I've had. I do not breed for a small yorkie and I do not advertise such so that I can hike up my prices for an example I currently have a very very very tiny baby that I had to hand feed and she is almost 6 months old now. She is only 1 lb. 4 oz. I had many many many people one wanting her and price not be an option at all. I was not looking to make a big dollars on her she is still with me because I refused every offer I got on her. If I was reading for small dogs to make a high profit I think I would've sold her long ago. But no she's with me because I don't trust anyone else to have her because of her size so she will stay with me forever. That's the type of person I am. So when I see things written about me stating something different that's the only reason why I get upset. I feel like really opened up my life to people which really I don't need to do but I've made wonderful friends, just like family, and I have no regrets and I will continue to do as I do and do me.
I've never had a problem with (and have stated it here many times) good, ethical breeders charging more for their tinies, for whom they've provided such depth and breadth of care and attention. They're a TON of work! Unethical breeders who breed for tinies etc, well, that's a whole other matter entirely.

Breny, I do think when anyone decides to become a breeder and sell living, breathing beings to the public that they do automatically open themselves up to scrutiny. And honestly, thank god it does! If we didn't scrutinize, we'd never come to any conclusions at all about what makes a good/safe/ethical breeder vs the other kind. So, I do think breeders should have thick skin and expect scrutiny of what they are bringing into this world.

I know some of what you've heard has been tough and that you feel some hurt over it. But balance that out w/ all the accolades you're receiving at the same time. Temper the hurt w/ the good stuff that's coming in. And try to find a way to accept that, as a breeder, you've chosen to put yourself and your breeding program out there in public...so there probably will be times when sensitive stuff comes up. Just keep trying to keep your cool...I know it's tough...but you can handle it ! And, "handling it" calmly and factually, in the end, just makes you look even better anyway.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!